Running a wordpress photo blog is a great way to create your long-term portfolio of photography. WP allows you to present your creative work in the easiest way. It has easy-to-use platform. You can watch your blog grow in popularity. Here are a few tips on getting your blog up and running:
- Choose a great wordpress theme. WordPress allows you to install custom themes. You don’t want your blog to look like everyone else’s. Some reputable themes cost between 40 and 50 dollars and generally offer updates and support for free.
- Install some plugins. Some really great plugins are available in the market. You can integrate your social media accounts and post directly from your WP site. You can also add this amazing wordpress photo plugin that will widen your image choices – PixelRockstar.
- Post regularly. To make your photo blog successful, you need to post regularly. Space out your posts to reach your target audience. WordPress has a built-in scheduling system that allows you to queue your posts to be released periodically. You can choose the best time and date to reach your readers and customers.
- Share your new posts. Make sure that your friends and followers are going to hear about your new blog. Share your posts to social media. Some image plugins do not allow you to do so without additional fees. With PixelRockstar, you can post the photos to your social media for free.
- Add words. Search engines love content. If you want your blog to appear to one of the top ranks in Google, you need to add a description or caption that will help people find your blog. PixelRockstar saves you from the hassle of adding words because the images in their collection are already optimized with SEO-friendly captions.
The last tip to make your wordpress photo blog up and running is you need to keep going. There can be days when you think that people aren’t reading your blog. Some may even leave nasty comment. But, you should never give up. Blog because you love sharing your talents to the world. It won’t be long until some leaves a positive comment – that will make everything worthwhile.